Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Real Acne Treatment

My Acne Treatment guide. I have had acne sense I was 17, and I have been keeping my acne in check sense I began this treatment!

Nightly Routine:


  1. Wash face with Clearsil Face Wash. The trick is that it has Salicylic Acid, which makes your skin really dry. But, it is making your skin cells turnover faster, causing the pimples to go away. Also, note that this will probably burn a little bit on the first couple of applications, but it does work! Other brands work just as well, just make sure it has Salicylic Acid.
  2. Wait thirty minutes, giving your face complete time to dry.
  3. Apply Retin A. This is actually prescribed by the Doctor. This is an exta measure if your acne is severe. This topical medicine is again helping to turn over your skin cells faster. So, if I do get a pimple, using this nightly, it will be gone in a day.  
  4. Lastly, I apply a lotion to my dry face. I recommend Clean and Clear Acne Control Moisturizer. Again, this has Salicylic Acid. So, at first it will probably do more drying out than moisturizing your skin. But, your skin will build up a tolerance and it will feel really nice to end your day with this!

Morning Routine

  1. Always start off your day with a clean face! You collect dust and dirt as you sleep. Wash your face with Clearasil or use acne wipes.
  2. My next recommendation is to let your face breathe. Don't clog your face with to much makeup.
  3. Apply a face sunscreen
  4. Apply Neutrogena Skinclearing Mineral Powder. It is very light on the face, but cover extremely well!



My Top Don'ts that will cause acne!
  • Cleaning makeup off with wipes, or using lotion with wipes. Always wash your face with soap and water.
  • Using scrub brushes on your face. Always use your hands.
  • Sleeping in your makeup. Remove makeup every night!
  • Using the same foundation applicator. I would change my applicator every week.
  • Over wearing foundation. Less is more, I know it's hard, but it will get better!

Follow my routine and see to a cleaner face!

No comments:

Post a Comment