Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Getting Protected; Implanon

Be smart when going to college, make sure you are on birth control.


The Implanon was the absolute best choice for me. It was a simple incision, and it last for three years!

The Process:
First, you will decide what arm you want the implant in. I chose my left because its my non-dominant arm. Then, you will get into position. I had to lay down with my arm positioned like you are showing your muscles.

Next, my doctor had me flex my arm, to find the muscle. As, the Implanon goes right under the muscle.

Prepping, my doctor sanitized when the incision was going to go.
Then, the WORST part was when she numbed my arm. It was like a needle scraping along my arm,

Finally, my doctor inserted the Implanon, which I didn't feel at all because of the numbness.

My arm hurt for the next three days. I could hardly raised my arm at all, and even when I was sitting just the simple muscle movements hurt! But, it was overall worth the pain, to have birth control that good for three years. I will be covered all the way until I graduate college!

Join the club, get a special friend for three years, that will keep you protected!


No comments:

Post a Comment