Saturday, August 15, 2015

My Fear of the College Gym

I really wanted to get fit while I was in college. But, the gym in my mind was all too intimidating.
Will I look like a fool in the gym?!
I-dont-know-what-Im-doing
Will I be the only female surrounded by meat heads?!
meat heads
Will everyone stare at me because i'm fat?!
too fat
Reality is, is that I learned how to use all of the equipment at the gym. It pretty easy to watch others and learn! The cardio room became my holly heaven. Only women will be found in the cardio room! So, it was easy feeling like I fit in, and wasn't being judged. Truth be told though, you will find mostly men in the weight lifting room, but you will be looking so cute in your workout clothes, you'll want them to look! People in the gym seemed not to care if I was a fatty on the stair master. I think everyone is there for the same reason to get into some desired shape, so I felt right in the zone! The gym was actually a very good experience for me, I lost 8 pounds over the year!
This is what I enjoyed in the gym!
Yoga, find your Zen!
Young people meditating in a yoga class
Find your Groove! You can meet a lot of friends here!
Zumba-3
The Stairmast will kick your ass, but also shape it too!
stair master
Get out to the gym, it's a scary place until you actually just get out there. Take a friend or take your water bottle! But, know I did it, so you can too!
Comment what you would like to work towards this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment